Today was much less hectic, but went by pretty quickly regardless. I rode the Metro like a pro this morning (awesome, I know) and ended up at work half an hour early. Gotta get there before 9 to get a good cubicle! Answering phones was a little tedious today... about half of the people who called wanted to know what was going on in the news. Which was odd - usually they call to voice their support or opposition of a specific piece of legislation. Or to complain about the oil spill.
Ended up drafting a "gold seal" letter this afternoon, and got to read a whole packet of letters that a class from Clark CO wrote. The letters were very cute (as is typical of elementary school children) and were all about the Constitution and the history of the United States. Good to know that our education system is still working (for the most part). Writing a response kept me busy right up until 6 pm.
I'm really really really excited for tomorrow - I get to go to the Gulf Coast Oil Spill hearing in the morning! It's going to be interesting to see what the experts think need to be done. Hopefully they'll be able to come up with something soon... I don't think it's a stretch to say that this is getting a little ridiculous. That said, this is NOT Obama's fault. Which is something the Republicans need to come to grips with.
The humidity was appallingly awful today, but other than that, this city is incredible. I can't even explain how refreshing it is to be in a city that's so clean and open. It all feels like one big college campus. With lots of tourists.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment