Went to a briefing on the American Power Act this morning, then edited some legislative hearing transcriptions for most of the afternoon. Got invited to an ice cream social next week too...hopefully some high profile people show up! Not sure how likely that is though.
I'm learning so much from just being on the Hill, it's amazing. I come home every day with a better concept of what's going on in the political world - new bills that are being proposed, new amendments that were passed, new scandals (gasp) that unfolded in Congress the day before. It's pretty incredible how much you can learn just by listening to what's going on around you. I even learn things from our constituents! It's pretty nuts.
Also, I have discovered the best salad bar in the world. And surprise! It's in the basement of Dirksen (another Senate building). Who would've thought?
My colleagues are really fun, too...makes work even better than I imagined it would be. I absolutely love going to my job. Something i haven't had much experience with in the past (sorry Starbucks). Last weekend at Tyler's house, moving into the GW dorms on Monday. The short commute will be nice, but his company will be missed :(.
TGIF!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment