Long day today! Although this is by far the most demanding job I've had in terms of both hours and things to do, it's definitely the most rewarding. I love being able to do things that matter! (Not that making coffee/waiting tables doesn't matter...but they certainly pale by comparison). Finished up a memorandum this morning, sent out three gold seal letters that I wrote yesterday, met with the Chief of Staff, did major overhaul on a White House tour spreadsheet, answered phones, and got assigned more things for tomorrow! Can't say I'm sitting around doing nothing, that's for sure.
A fourth grade class called today to let the Senator know that they were trying to create policy and wanted his support. They were concerned that the dirty water from people washing their cars in the driveway was polluting nearby streams. This was by far the highlight of my day - nothing beats little kids coming up with ways to change the world. Cute!!
I'm supposed to go to the START treaty committee hearing on June 17th. Not only is this a fascinating topic, but the witnesses include Hillary Clinton and Robert Gates. I'm SO EXCITED! So we'll see how that works out!
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment