START Treaty? Check. Hillary Clinton? Check. Robert Gates, Steven Chou, Senator McCain, and Admiral Mullen? Check.
The START Treaty hearing was really really incredible, mostly due to the incredibly powerful people who attended. The only thing I learned that I didn't know from reading the 150 page briefing was that the Treaty only applies to strategical nuclear weapons. Russia still has over 3000 tactical nuclear weapons, and it is unlikely that it will agree to reduce the number it has. I was impressed with both Clinton and McCain's eloquence and knowledge of the subject; it was pretty clear why both had made it so far in the 2008 presidential race. They're both great politicians, and it showed. I'm so glad I was able to go. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. AHHHHHHH :)
Walked around the Capitol with Hannah after lunch, and then worked on some more legislation for the Environmental Legislative Assistant. Also got screamed at by a crazy person on the phone...but it's all part of the job.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment