Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sorry for not writing yesterday!! Didn't really do much that was noteworthy...took a class on how to best utilize the Congressional Research Services, and got yet another ID card for that.

Today was pretty hectic, surprisingly. Went to a hearing this morning with David Walker about the federal budget deficit and unemployment. It was pretty interesting, learned a lot about the differences between short-term deficit and structural deficit. Some random kid sat down at my lunch table (the other interns went at one, but I had to be on front desk duty then) and it turned out he was full of a lot of advice about law school. Pretty interesting guy.

Hannah (another intern) and I are going to a START treaty hearing on the 17th (yes, the one with Hillary Clinton and Robert Gates). As a precursor for that, we were assigned with creating a briefing for Senator Udall. To give you an idea of how challenging of a task this is: we have to take over 150 pages of information and facts and sum it up in ONE page. It's going to be quite a chore. But fun!

The interns all got invited to this big intern thing at a bar (Madhatter) Tuesday night after work. They'll have FREE DRINKS and refreshments, as well as (supposedly) good company.  I love being 21 :). We're all going to head over after work...I'm actually pretty excited.

My first VIP tour is tomorrow as well. Really nervous, seeing as I still haven't been trained. But I figure I know enough to get by, and they gave me a cheat sheet of sorts that I'm allowed to take around with me. So that's nice I suppose. I'm still the only intern who has been assigned tours, which is inflating my ego a little too much... but oh well! I have five as of today, including my parents :).

No comments:

Post a Comment