Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good day on the Hill today! Went to a briefing about the future of natural gas. Basically, a research team from MIT discussed the benefits of using natural gas to supply a large portion of our energy in order to reduce overall carbon emissions. They called it a "bridge" resource...although it isn't carbon-free, it is carbon-"lite". They're hoping that the US can switch to using unconventional energy sources (like shale) until our solar/wind technology is good enough to take over (if it ever is). Definitely a better option than using coal, in my opinion. I guess we'll see.

Made small talk with the Senator twice today in the halls. He's such a great person, I really respect him. I'm glad I'm working for him!

What else...oh! I got to bring the Senator's dinner/newspapers down to the Senate gym today, which was pretty cool.

C'est tout!

No comments:

Post a Comment