Gave two Capitol tours today, both of which were really fun. The first group was 18 congressmen/senators (or their equivalent) from Africa. They came from a lot of different countries: Ghana, Tunisia, Uganda, Malawi, and Nigeria...there may have been more, but I can't remember. All of them were so excited about taking pictures of the Capitol and asking questions about how our government works :). It was really cool! They took our (Hannah did the tour with me) emails at the end and gave us business cards in exchange. If I ever go to Africa, I can hang out with the government officials. Wooooo!
The second tour was with a federal judge from New Mexico and his family. He asked me to let him know about my plans after college (ostensibly law school) and to contact him if I needed anything. If there's one thing being an intern is good for, it's networking. As I was giving this tour, we walked right by Sen. Al Franken and John Kerry. Awesomeeeeeee.
The last cool part about my day was Senator Udall walked by my cubicle and stopped to chat and watch the World Cup with me for a few minutes. He's such a good guy. It's nice to know the person representing your state deserves to be in that position!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment